Mark Zuroff is a strategic CFO|COO with deep operational expertise to drive corporate transformations in startup, emerging-growth, middle market, and turnaround environments.
Mark has 20+ years of in-house leadership from Controller and CFO to COO and co-CEO in pre-revenue to middle market companies with revenue of $600 million.
Mark has functional expertise in Accounting, Audit, Finance, Treasury, HR, and IS. He has led external financings of $100MM; acquisitions and integration of $65MM; and negotiated 6 corporate exits. In addition Mark has been an entrepreneur and shareholder in 4 pre-revenue technology start-ups, the most recent, acquired at a $30MM valuation.
In 1997, Mark founded the CFO Consulting Group/Performa Consulting Group to provide experienced C-level management services, as well as, support in the financial, administrative and human resource fields. Engagements encompass both detail operational issues and strategic planning concerns of the CEO and Board.
Mark has diverse industry expertise with an emphasis in the technology sector, including software; professional services; medical instrumentation; the Internet; and equipment manufacturing. Mark has served on the Board or Advisory Board of several companies and is currently serving as resident financial advisor at the Social Innovation Forum, advising cutting edge non-profits.
Mark is highly analytic, combining best practice compliance, predictive metrics and opinions from stakeholders and markets in order to create successful operating and strategic plans to drive performance.
Mark holds a Bachelor’s degree from Oberlin College and a MBA degree from Boston University; additionally, he has attended Stanford and Harvard studying Math, Economics, and Corporate Valuation and has been a research fellow at the Hoover Institute at Stanford University.
- Entrepreneur and shareholder in four pre-revenue technology start-ups
- Served as Co-CEO during a divestiture plan, keeping almost all FTEs intact with new owners
- Leadership role in creating $300MM growth through acquisition and organic growth
- Successfully identified and negotiated six corporate exits
- Led three turnarounds and asset sales of $100MM
- Major shareholder in a pioneering internet company
Treasury | Cash Management
- Negotiated and managed multibank line of credit of $40MM
- Designed and implemented cost containment programs of $10MM annually
- Designed and implemented tax saving strategies totaling $1MM annually
- Enhanced working capital by $20MM
- Managed and developed investment policy for $120MM diversified portfolio
- Managed cash reporting/forecasting for 23 subsidiaries in 15 countries
- Managed and developed policy for $100MM FX exposure
Financial | Accounting
- Established and led domestic and global finance/accounting teams of 1–50
- Authored policy and procedure on budgeting, forecasting, analytics, investments, FX hedging and intracompany pricing
- Conducted product/service line profitability analysis leading to divestitures and relocation of divisions
- Standardized accounting, audit, reporting systems and procedures worldwide for 15 subsidiaries
- Performed valuation and due diligence for $65MM of strategic acquisitions and operations integrations
- Led external financings of $100MM, and acquisitions and integration of $65MM
- Set up six foreign and five domestic subsidiaries, established transfer pricing and determined capital structure